Combined Key and Light Switch

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
woodseaves
True Blue

Combined Key and Light Switch

Post by woodseaves »

I am about to wire a combined ignition and light switch on my 1960 Dexta. It has an alternator fitted and is negative earth. All the wiring diagrams show seperate switches with a dynamo and regulator box. I am also interesed in the wiring of the oil pressure light and the charging light. Any simple help would be appreciated.

Regards

Brian Cox
True Blue

Re: Combined Key and Light Switch

Post by Brian Cox »

click on Steffans workshop manual link, chapter 9 electrical system, you will find easy to follow diagram in that section :beer:

woodseaves
True Blue

Post by woodseaves »

I am aware of that wiring diagram, I was looking for a wiring diagram that does not include the regulator box and has got an alternator not a dynamo, also with a negative earth.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

woodseaves wrote:I am aware of that wiring diagram, I was looking for a wiring diagram that does not include the regulator box and has got an alternator not a dynamo, also with a negative earth.
I have a diag with alternator & -ve earth, but separate 'ignition' and light switches. I used a standard Dexta wiring loom, with simple mod to the diag in the manual.

Fairly straightforward to omit the separate ignition switch and wire straight to the combined light switch. I also have a circuit breaker, but that's easy to omit. PM me if it's of interest.
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

woodseaves
True Blue

Post by woodseaves »

Thanks Ben, sorry for the delay I've been on Holiday. I managed to sort it all out with a little thought. Thanks again.