Fuel Lines

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
brownsmule
True Blue

Fuel Lines

Post by brownsmule »

I'm making some new fuel lines for my Dexta. Bought some new line and some ferrules for materials. Looking at the old line ferrules and the one's I bought at the auto parts store, they do not look the same and may not work. The one ones on the tractor now are more rounded than the replacements I bought and I have concern that they will not seal. Before I cut the old lines to get the threaded ends do you have any advice on the correct ferrules? In addition, the previous owner had cross threaded the Fuel Filter housing. I plan on repairing it but it sure would be nice to have a new fuel filter head with a spin on filter option. Does anyone make a replacement with a spin on filter? Thanks for the advice
brownsmule, NC, USA

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Brownsmule,
Those ferrell's will work. I replaced all of mine with 1/4 copper tubing and the Ferrell's. Spar-ex sells the spin on oil filter, but I haven't found a spin on fuel filter yet. Hope this helps.
Where did you get the name brownsmule, that has a familiar ring to it. My Dad chewed a little brownsmule chewing tobacco back in the day.
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

brownsmule
True Blue

fuel lines

Post by brownsmule »

Thank You for the reply. Now I can cut the old line, bend & assemble the new one for installation. I'm using a steel line and ferrels from a auto parts store. The only line I need to replace is from the fuel tank to the lift pump. It had been repaired badly, leaked, was bent and an unsightly mess. All the other lines are factory and even look nice

Brownsmule? Well my last name is Brown. Raised on the farm. My Dad bought his first tractor in 1939 N Ford with the high wheels. My Uncle still has it. We had two mules also named "Kit" & "Blue". I never took up chewin, dippin, or smokin but being from North Carolina, I came upon a piece of tin that was used in making "Brownsmule" Chewing Tobacco. Anyway, I thought it would make a good handle. Put the tin in a picture frame for all to enjoy. The tin was embosed with the name & logo of ole long ears that was pressed into the tobacco. When I learn to post a picture, I'll show my Dexta & the Tin. Thanks for the advice. Brownsmule