removing drawbar on fordson dexta tractor

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
digga
Not Quite Blue Yet

removing drawbar on fordson dexta tractor

Post by digga »

hi could anyone please help me with how you take the drawbar of a fordson dexta as need to take it off to repair it ? many thanks

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: removing drawbar on fordson dexta tractor

Post by Brian »

Pull the pin at the front, there is a cross pin through the main pin and once you have this out the main pin will drop down and you can pull the draw bar tongue out the back. If you want to take the hanger off the back its just a matter of pulling the cross pin just above it.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

digga
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by digga »

thanks very much for taking the time to reply brian took the pin out of the end closest to the eye of the drawbar where the trailer pin goes through that keeps the drawbar in the centre but couldnt see how to get the pin out at the front thats holding it in

digga
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by digga »

found a picture of the drawbar i have on the tractor http://www.silverfoxtractorspares.com/f ... 7357-p.asp
sorry couldnt work out how to attach the picture do i have to undo the four bolts to get the front pin out ? not sure there going to come out very badly rusted

sky blue
True Blue

Post by sky blue »

hi that drawbar in the picture is the type mostly used on fordson major the dexta has a
longer draw bar which is about 42inches long which is adifferent type compleaty
although it will fit the dexta, :scratchhead: sky blue

digga
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by digga »

i know its very confussing but looked at it today and definatly most like what is on there definatly not anywhere near 42 inches long use to drive the tractor when i was at school managed to buy it off the guy i use to work for when he retired

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Cannot help as it is not a standard Dexta draw bar so disregard my instructions. Never come across that one before. The only thing is it must be held to the tractor with the standard draw bar fixing bolts so you might try undoing these and dropping the whole lot off

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

digga
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by digga »

will try get some pics and think i may need to try find all the serial numbers on the tractor? see if it comes up with anything else strange thanks again for the help

Jerry Coles
True Blue

Post by Jerry Coles »

Looks like you have to drop the whole assembly and then lift the front pin out of its housing.
Jerry
soggy Somerset
Jerry Coles
Camerton, Bath, UK
West Highland White Terriers, Dexta's, E27N's and DUKW's

digga
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by digga »

tried undoing the 4 bolts today wouldnt budge :(

marcusgs
True Blue

Post by marcusgs »

Try harder, :wink: with a piece of pipe on the end of your socket bar for leverage
Mark

digga
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by digga »

i had a pipe on the end of the bar allready going to try get some acetone as after doing some research seems if you mix acetone with automatic transmission oil it makes a great penetracting fluid so going to give it a go and let it soak