Ground PTO?

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
npaisnel
True Blue

Ground PTO?

Post by npaisnel »

So long since I used my old Dexta that I cant remember, does it / should it have a ground PTO position or does the lever jsut ahve two positions?

Just replaced the clutch pedal busing and while checking that the pto lever selector has located correctly i see that there is no groun dPTO.

This is the Dexta with the single stage clutch where gear and PTO stop at the same time
If any one finds any of my pictures of interest, please do right click and Save Them to your computer as soon as possible.
I host my pictures on my own server and since this site does not save images, they may not always be available,

Les bryant
True Blue

Re: Ground PTO?

Post by Les bryant »

Dexta never had ground pto. cheers Les

npaisnel
True Blue

Re: Ground PTO?

Post by npaisnel »

Thanks Les

I did not remember it, but seeing that the detent spring system has three positions it made me wonder. I had rebuilt the gearbox probably 10 -15 years ago (reverse idler died), and could not remember if I had done any work in that section as well..was wondering if I had re assembled something wrong.

So 17 years after I gave up farming, 26 years since the gearbox died, 40 years after as a 9 year old I stoved in the front end...i finally get the tractor back and running again..with full electrics. Only to now find I don't have working hydraulics..see my other post about that...hydraulics
If any one finds any of my pictures of interest, please do right click and Save Them to your computer as soon as possible.
I host my pictures on my own server and since this site does not save images, they may not always be available,