Super dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Stuss
Not Quite Blue Yet

Super dexta

Post by Stuss »

Hi everyone. We are looking for the super Dexta badge that fits on the top of nose cone, Agriline don’t have them.
Any leads would be appreciated thanks
We are in Albany Western Australia

Les bryant
True Blue

Re: Super dexta

Post by Les bryant »

Sparex have them part no s.67274 cheers Les.

Stuss
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Stuss »

Thanks Less. I’ll give them a call

Stuss
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Stuss »

Hi got a price from Sparex here and $420, Someone’s got a good mark up, we’ll keep looking .

basewindow
True Blue

Post by basewindow »

You kidding me? $420 for the badge that goes on the nosecone.? Sure that's not for the whole nosecone?
62 Super Dexta.

Stuss
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Stuss »

Hi guys, yes $420 through the Sparex agent here ,and it’s only the Badge , there’s one on eBay at the moment will be $220 delivered here which is not to bad , might go with that.

blackbob
True Blue

Post by blackbob »

1440276 - 1957 - working
1335674 - err - one day..
Claeys combine M103 - 1963 703129 - working
Ford 7710 2wd, 1983 - working

The Fordson Tractor Pages. Built to be relied on.

Stuss
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Stuss »

Hi. Yes that’s the one we were looking at

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi, were you successful in getting the badge on eBay, as I see it is now closed. To import any item from the northern hemisphere is expensive. I was contemplating on buying one but our exchange rate has gone crazy with all the political nonsense and corruption in South Africa. My badge is broken in half and I may consider having it welded together, A lot cheaper than buying a new badge.

Stuss
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Stuss »

Hi Mervyn. I didn’t get the badge , I needed more parts from Agriline to get my petrol dexta going so thought better to spend money there than look at a new badge at the moment. Agriline is Great for shopping as I spent 372 .66 pounds last night and delivered to here will be $609,92, good that parts are available but the exchange rate makes it expensive for a restoration , when it’s only a hobby

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Stuss, yes Agriline do have a great variety of spares. I have also bought the odd item from them, just fishing to see if it would be worth while purchasing their badges. I will also get a quote from Agriline. I am awaiting a quote from a UK company called Badges and Panels for the Super Dexta Front badge and 2 side Fordson badges. Just checking to see if it would be worth while purchasing their badges. I will also get a quote from Agriline. Does anyone perhaps know of any salvage business who would sell the above items?

Wise move on getting your petrol Dexta going first, badges are cosmetic.

Stuss
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Stuss »

Hi Guys were can I get a rpm cable for my petrol dexta, I have a new tachometer coming but will be looking for cable ?

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Stuss, I bought mine for the Super Dexta from Agriline a number of years ago. I was happy with the product. Not sure whether the cable for the petrol is the same. Where did you order your new tacho from, pity you did not ask the supplier. :(

Stuss
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Stuss »

Thanks Mervyn. As this is the Dexta tachometer connected to the petrol motor I believe it has different ends .
There was only 4000 of these made and there’s a few thing made specifically for them , i had to make a new thermostat housing with brackets to hold front nose cone , been a chalange but getting there , the starter button is the same as the heater button on the super Dexta but instead of saying heater on the rubber it says starter , probably not available.
Anyway it’s worth restoring as it was in bad condition
Have you any petrol dextas over were you are ?

Les bryant
True Blue

Post by Les bryant »

I checked with sparex in Feilding New for nose cone badge price under $300 nz
Cheers Les.

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Thanks Les, I need to get hold of our Sparex guys here in South Africa and ask them to give me quote on the badges.

Hi Stuss, I personally have not come across any petrol Dextas but I must admit I have not done too much research here. Brian our forum administrator has a petrol Dexta hope he reads this post and is able to help you.