Dexta Hydraulics locking plate query

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Nick
True Blue

Dexta Hydraulics locking plate query

Post by Nick »

Hi, I have almost finished re-building the hydraulic lift on my dexta. All the linkages are assembled (following the manual) and I got to putting the top link spring, yoke etc in place. The locking plate (three bolts) that bolts to the lift is supposed to have a pin that locks the linkage inside in place, but it is missing - looks like its been snapped off!!! No idea why or how though.

Does any one know how long this pin should be? Also the felt seal has crumbled to nothing - are these available? And also the cover that goes over this has rusted through, are these available?

Sorry for all the questions :D
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

kiwiland dexta
True Blue

Re: Dexta Hydraulics locking plate query

Post by kiwiland dexta »

I guess you are looking at part #'s 527 529 and 624 from the parts list?
Most parts are available with a search, I have sourced a few things from the UK that weren't easy to get here, or ask a tractor wreckers.
you know it's a classic when people stop to watch.

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Yep that's the bits! I can make a new pin on the lathe for the locking plate, I was just curious what it does, I assume it stops the plunger assembly moving about?
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

kiwiland dexta
True Blue

Post by kiwiland dexta »

Looks that way, Nick. Behind it is the splined shaft and that has to turn!
you know it's a classic when people stop to watch.