live drive on standard dexta ?

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
spike
True Blue

live drive on standard dexta ?

Post by spike »

Hi all
i got a 2nd dxta at weekend sold as standard dexta in dexta orange and blue but it has a live drive clutch and what looks like a diff lock also a mechanical governed fuel pump, and a flow control on hydraulics.

my question is this normal on the standard dexta in the later modles just before they made the super
i will get the number to work out the date over the next few days but i think it must be about late 61 or 62

any info would be great

Les bryant
True Blue

Re: live drive on standard dexta ?

Post by Les bryant »

yes I drove live drive dextas 1962 /1963 with nice seats . Cheers Les

spike
True Blue

Re: live drive on standard dexta ? update

Post by spike »

right i got the number of the left side
09B714118 so this looks like a 1962 super dexta not a standard, some one has put a standard nose cone on
can any one tell me how i can tell if i have the F3 152 3.6 inch bore (super) engine or the (standard)144 3.5 inch bore , i think thats right size

thank you
spike

spike
True Blue

Re: live drive on standard dexta ? update

Post by spike »

numbers
on side of block behind pump 37111310 ( 0 on a square raised bit)
above that just under head E32
below long number there is a 2 and under that a word its hard to read but same word is on a brass plate on head (MON then a large zero and 2 or 3 lettrs i can not read)
on the head the number is not sure of he 1st number poss a 3 then 711 then poss 0 or 6 ten 140
under seat there is a T4 above that some nubers again hard to read will have to let you know but below the T$ there is F25Hand a 7 or a 1

i will try to find any other numbers and post them i think the cast number on block is 66,
the engine is not the same as my 1958 dexta rocker cover is not same and i am sure the pipes connecting the injectors and not the same i will look again later with better light

regards
spike
:beer: