A little serial number confusion

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
KirkGramm
Not Quite Blue Yet

A little serial number confusion

Post by KirkGramm »

Bought a Fordson last year used it at our hunting camp for the past year. Have it at my shop for some maintenance. Don't know what year was model I'm thinking maybe 59 dexta. The serial numbers on the left of the bell housing flange C9. Other casting numbers use the 757 e prefix.. have it separated somebody put a clutch in it before I bought it. Thought it might have been in need of one but found out the issue was the clutch lever was adjusted to the lower setting fur single-clutch operation. Want to make sure the bolts on the clutch fingers are adjusted properly a couple look different heights. Left side steering lower arm has movement in it back and forth guess all removed steering box and see what it is. Had to machine a new clutch lever bushing. It was shot the nose on the tractor did not have the small round emblem it had the wider oval one which maybe has been replaced I don't know. Kind of confused on determining the year and models

PghBill
True Blue

Re: A little serial number confusion

Post by PghBill »

Try Looking here for more info.(http://vintagetractorengineer.com/2009/ ... l-numbers/)
Bill

KirkGramm
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by KirkGramm »

Oh well...,was going to show a pic of serial number but can't attach it. Gonna be a fun restoration. Tractors in decent shape . Documenting and taking pics.

mathias1
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by mathias1 »

KirkGramm wrote:Oh well...,was going to show a pic of serial number but can't attach it. Gonna be a fun restoration. Tractors in decent shape . Documenting and taking pics.
Hello Kirk,

we are using a thirdparty website to post the pictures on like postimg.org
Fordson Super Major New Performance
County Super 4 built on the Fordson Super Major
Selene built on the Fordson Super Major New Performance with Silvant winch

KirkGramm
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by KirkGramm »

Thanks!