Stop Cable Clamp

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
AndyRo
Not Quite Blue Yet

Stop Cable Clamp

Post by AndyRo »

Folks,

Just wondering if any of you could provide photos or advise on the clamp the holds the stop cable in place at the fuel pump. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it screws on between the pipes leading up to the injectors and prevents the stop cable from moving about and prevent stopping the engine efficiently when pulling the stop switch. Also, was a spring at the far end of the stop cable, also attached to the fuel pump in order to reset the pull to stop to engine running mode, standard issue or a later adaption?

Do you know where I would get the stop cable clamp for a 1964 Super, if that's the proper name for it?

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: Stop Cable Clamp

Post by Billy26F5 »

Hi Andy,
Here's a pic of the original setup (minus spring; need to remove it).
There was some legislation specifying that the stop control when operated remained in stop position unless the operator returned it to the running position. Many people have subsequently fitted springs.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

AndyRo
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by AndyRo »

Thanks Sandy. Do you know where I could get such a part or if it's actually called the stop cable clamp? Can't seem to find it in any of the parts diagrams or lists 🤔

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Your best bet is probably a breaker.
As for part numbers here they are from this parts book, minimec page.
http://www.lutje-ford.nl/wp-content/upl ... anual-.pdf
Bracket E782-CL-9
Clip EOTA-9792
A small bolt is also needed although hopefully the whole assembly should be on a scrap pump.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

MikesDexta
True Blue

Post by MikesDexta »

I have the same problem and did try a breaker I use but he didn't have one. Then I found this, it's obviously not a Dexta part but worth trying.

https://uk.farnell.com/ettinger/14-42-3 ... dp/2494617

The bolt should be easy enough, I seem to recall it being a slotted bolt before I lost mine.

Mike
1959 Dexta
I'm not retired just re-deployed

AndyRo
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by AndyRo »

Great help guys once again. Will try a few breakers and then if all else fails use that cable clamp. Many thanks!