Fordson Dexta New Performance Off White Colour Code

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Bazzer
Not Quite Blue Yet

Fordson Dexta New Performance Off White Colour Code

Post by Bazzer »

Hi Chaps, sorry if this has been asked before but can some shed some light on the colour code for the "Off White / Cream" grey used on a late 1963 Fordson Dexta New Performance - I'm restoring my Dads Tractor that he had from new, the fenders have original paint which is lighter that what seems to be the standard Fordson Grey that I got from Agriline.
Please, anyone help as I seem to be going around in circles trying to get a code !!

All the best

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: Fordson Dexta New Performance Off White Colour Code

Post by Billy26F5 »

Agriline's colour is wrong (it's the later Ford grey). Mix that with others till it matches the original colour, this also goes for the blue, as NP blue is different from the Empire blue used previously and the later Ford blue.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Bazzer
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Bazzer »

Hi Sandy, sorry when you say "others" whom do you mean ?
I've only bought one can so far - whom supplies the correct colour or is there a name or colour code for the correct Off white ??
Cheers

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

I'm afraid I don't know anyone who supplies the right colour, but as it did vary slightly anyway you're better to match your own. When I said to mix with others I meant to get some base pigment enamels (yellow, magenta, cian and white) and add them to the Agriline pot until it matches the original colour. We've got some Agriline pots that I plan to treat this way to match our three tractors in order to paint the new bits.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Bazzer
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Bazzer »

Ah I see, thanks for that Sandy.
Maybe I'll have to do the same and get a colour match - if I can find some paint from 1963 in good enough order !!
Thank sandy

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

A good trick is to take a dry clean rag and polish the surface, you'll be amazed at how much younger you paint will look like, that's what Billy got.
Sandy
ImageImageImage