Hydraulics top cover will not come off

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
kimar
Not Quite Blue Yet

Hydraulics top cover will not come off

Post by kimar »

Hi I recently got my first Fordson Dexta and have a problem I hope someone can help me with. The 3 point lifting arms are stuck in the upper position and the control lever to it is also stuck. So I have to remove the hydraulics top cover and is here I have the problem I do not get this off. I can lift it up a few inches but it sticks to something that makes it impossible to remove. Does anyone know what this could be? I'm very grateful if anyone can help me figure this out.

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: Hydraulics top cover will not come off

Post by Billy26F5 »

I'm not too sure what it could be, two of the auxiliary plate bolts go through in to the rear axle casting (14 bolts total to remove the top cover). Here's the EnFo manual on the hydraulics.
http://www.smallholderservices.co.uk/si ... hydraulics
Sandy
ImageImageImage

kimar
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by kimar »

Thanks! That manual will come in handy. And all the bolts have been removed and I can as I said lift up the cover a little but no more than that. So this is weird. Will the 3 point links in the top position prevent me from loosening the cover? Because that's the only thing I can think of.

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Have you disconnected all the linkage? Remember both lifting rods and top link rocker. Other than that I can't think what might be holding it down.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

kimar
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by kimar »

I have disassembled everything and done as it says in the manual except to lower the 3 point as it is not possible. I just have to keep trying to get that cover off then. Thank you for taking the time to answer me.

mathias1
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by mathias1 »

is it on the front right side? It might be the feeding pipes that are a bit sticky. Be care full with them.
Fordson Super Major New Performance
County Super 4 built on the Fordson Super Major
Selene built on the Fordson Super Major New Performance with Silvant winch

kimar
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by kimar »

Hi now the problem is solved. I unfortunately loosened the bolts to the hydraulic cylinder in the lid. So when I loosened the bolt under the small plate I got the lid off. So the cylinder was probably what stopped me from getting the lid off. I have also loosened what was stuck and now I am just waiting for gaskets and o-rings to come so it will be to assemble everything together again hoping it works.