How to change oil pan gaskets?

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
pat777
True Blue

Re: How to change oil pan gaskets?

Post by pat777 »

If you check one of my previous forum posts, scroll down to the picture of the tractor seat and you will see a wooden clutch alignment tool that we made up on the wood lathe for aiding the realignment of my single clutch, might give an idea of the general shape required.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5885

IlkkaV
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by IlkkaV »

Finally, today whole clutch package is ready for installation to the flywheel. Pilot bearing, clutch release bearing, pto clutch disc and trans clutch disc has been renewed. One question more, how to adjust the double clutch release levers without any special setting pad?

BR
Ilkka

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Try leaving it to start with, but make sure all of them are the same, look at the manual and get the closest measurement from one and get the others to match. Don't do anything hard with your Dexta until it works properly.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

IlkkaV
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by IlkkaV »

Manual says that ensure the p.t.o and transmission levers adjusting screws project out of the levers approximately the same distance (3/8 inch, 9,53 mm). Is this meaning that 3/8 inch distance between pto and ttansmission levers adjusting screws distance or something else. I do not have so fluent english, thats why I`m asking to be sure.

BR
Ilkka

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

The 3/8" setting is to avoid the special setting tool getting stuck, measure all the clearances from the PTO disc hub, only adjust what is badly out.
If we could get dimensions for the setting blocks and the clearance of the levers from the PTO disc hub you could reset them, but I don't have these, so don't change anything unless there's one that's badly out.
Sandy
ImageImageImage