Narrow Dexta badge

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Billy26F5
True Blue

Narrow Dexta badge

Post by Billy26F5 »

After looking around for other Narrow Dexta's, I saw some with a badge saying Narrow either on the LH grill middle or the LH side of the bonnet. Davie has holes on the LH side of the bonnet 2 1/4" apart and 3/16" in diameter at about the level of the bonnet handles just next to the battery. Do you think this is where this badge would have been? (pic available if needed)
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Re: Narrow Dexta badge

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Sandy, If I read you correctly the holes on the side of the bonnet are for the Fordson Badge that were orniments of the Super Dexta :scratchhead: .

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

No, the Super Dexta ones would be in place of the restyled Dexta badges (Davie is a Narrow Dexta), between the bonnet handles and above the level of the prop. These holes on Davie are only on the LH side and next to the battery.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Just found another Narrow Dexta (Bob Cullen's one, very visible here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7793) that does have the badge in the area where Davie has holes.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Okay now I see, to be honest I have never had the privaledge of seeing a Narrow Dexta. I hope you will find one soon, I would imagine they are like hens teeth to find.
Mervyn.

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

I think the badge is the rare part, Narrow Dexta's outnumber std. width Dexta's here, but most are much more modified than Davie is. It makes the badge a rarer part.
Sandy
ImageImageImage