Dexta horn

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Dextapaul
Not Quite Blue Yet

Dexta horn

Post by Dextapaul »

Hi all,

Does anyone have a photograph or diagram of the internal workings of the horn? There are two youtube vids which get tantilisingly close to showing me what i need to know, but not quite! I'm pretty sure it is a Lucas and will have been fitted to loads of different tractors and cars of the time but my search is not showing much.

The centre stud had snapped during dismantling (8 years ago!) and i'm trying to fathom where the bits go, including the thick round washer.

Thanks!

Dextapaul

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: Dexta horn

Post by Billy26F5 »

Can you post a pic of it please? I haven't found any Ford manual with the horn being dismantled. I can't find anything stamped on Billy's horn (it's a 1955 one, so might be a bit early). It's a 12V Lucas Altette horn (I think), but I can't go any further than that at the moment.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Dextapaul
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Dextapaul »

I'm struggling to upload a photograph. I don't know why you can't just upload direct to the forum?

Whilst i'm trying to sort that, i have a question on the voltage regulator...The original Lucas one has 4 terminals marked D, E A and F. The wiring loom from Agriline has wires marked D, E A F and AL. Where does AL connect to? :roll: :roll:

Ta!

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

For pics try this viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5024&p=53955#p53955.
It seems you have an early wiring loom for a late Dexta. D and F are the dynamo, E is earthed and A (and A1) go to the battery. If Agriline have sent a diagram, see what the A1 wire goes to. On the Major the A1 wire goes to the ignition switch BATT terminal, and the A wire to the battery negative lead on the solenoid. The late Dexta wiring has a yellow wire from the battery negative lead to BATT, and another one from BATT to A on the regulator.
Sandy
ImageImageImage