Dexta fuel tank.

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Floppy 17
Not Quite Blue Yet

Dexta fuel tank.

Post by Floppy 17 »

Her everyone im new be kind.got a. 1960 dexta love it.recently bought her after selling my 58 dexta wanted live drive.anyway i am reaching out as i am looking for a replacement fuel tank mine is full of holes where water has sat for years.ideally like decent used one but new if i can find one is other option did find new on internet.copies but out of stock.anyone out there got something?much appreciated.looks a friendly site loads of useful info.cheers.

John b
True Blue

Re: Dexta fuel tank.

Post by John b »

My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

That eBay one looks good. Keep a lookout on eBay for original stuff, you can occasionally get a superb price for a bsically new part, although you have to be very lucky for that. Don't get a new tank as you might find it doesn't fit properly (as often happens with aftermarket parts).
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi, why buy a Dexta fuel tank when you can have my spare tank for free, all it will cost you is to ship it from South Africa to where ever you live. :D
I will put up photos if you are keen to see it.

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Paul, My humble apologisies I have only seen yourmessage about 30 minutes ago. I have responded to your PM but not sure if it was submitted. Please can you check when you have a moment, and I will check out the tank tomorrow with pictures for you.
Mervyn.

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Good morning Paul, I tried to have a look into my spare tank but it is a bit difficult with out a scope. It definately will need a clean out. I will attempt to put up some pictures for you to squizz. I also looked at some courier costs to ship the tank across to the UK but it looks like the cheapest is in the region of 180 british pounds. you might find something a bit more reasonable up north, but you are still welcome to have the tank. Paul if you can please PM me your email address, I find it easier to email the pics than load them on the forum.
mervyn.

Jos Cuypers
True Blue

Post by Jos Cuypers »

If the bottom of the tank is full of holes, you can soldering on pieces of sheetmetal, use hardsoldering or cuppersoldering.
Is often more efficient than trying to fit a bad retrofit.

Alternatively, go to a car-body repair, they might be able to help you in that.
Rgds
Jos

My dexta has 32 Horse power, but a donkey behind the steering wheel.

Bluebilly
True Blue

Post by Bluebilly »

Try Richard Pocock at Pocock Tractor spares. He breaks old tractors and I've alway found him very helpful. Its worth a phone call I'm assuming you are in the UK?
The other option is to get is repaired, but make sure its spotless inside before putting any heat near it.
1948 E27N
1958 Dexta
Roadless 75
TEF 20
MF135 multipower
MF 165
MF 240
SAME Solar 60