What is my Tractor model ?

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
FredC
Not Quite Blue Yet

What is my Tractor model ?

Post by FredC »

Ive been doing a lot of research online but still cannot identify what is my tractor model.
My suspicion is that it is a 1964 Fordson Tractor Gas (Petrol), but I cannot confirm.
Here is a link from YT : https://youtu.be/bAmJU8e5Dy4
My tractor is pretty much identical except for the Control Panel which as been customized.

Furthermore, I took some pictures of what I think is the serial number and other numbers.
Some pictures show a logo that seems to show the word EnFo
Can anyone identify this logo and its meaning ?
What is the serial number ?

Here are my pictures of the serial number and Logo : https://postimg.cc/gallery/TD4njQ2
Here are my pictures of the actual Tractor : https://postimg.cc/gallery/6wNrT3X

thanks for your help
Life's too short to be waiting for the end of the world.

Emiel
True Blue

Re: What is my Tractor model ?

Post by Emiel »

Hi,

You have a Fordson Dexta tractor with a petrol engine, as it is called in British English.

There are not many around of them.

EnFo is the mark Ford of England casted into many parts. Later products had FoMoCo in the oval. The cast in 957E code is a mould code, not a part no. The other code indicates a casting date.

The serial number should be stamped in on the clutch housing, near the starter or on the opposite side and should start with 959E……..I believe

I don’t believe you’ve a 64 model but do not have the documents at hand to determine the dates of the casting codes. I’m sure billy26f5 can help you out on the casting codes and many more useful details.
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

I have moved this topic to the Dexta forum. Please continu writing there.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

The gearbox does seem to be a 64, 12 March casting. Look for other casting codes on most castings except the engine, find the serial number on the front LH bell housing flange just in front of the flywheel inspection cover.
Emiel wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:04 pm
The cast in 957E code is a mould code, not a part no. The other code indicates a casting date.
957E is the Ford code for a Dexta, 959E a petrol Dexta and 960E a Super Dexta. 957E-7005 is the gearbox casting part number.
Emiel wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:04 pm
The serial number should be stamped in on the clutch housing, near the starter or on the opposite side and should start with 959E……..I believe
Only before November 61, from then on the prefix is 09 and a letter, in your case it's probably 09D (assuming yours is 64), but I'm not sure as I can't see the numbers. You also need the engine number, prefixed FPL27. Your firewall is much earlier.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

FredC
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by FredC »

You guys are awesome. Didn't expect such a quick and efficient answer. Thanks ! :)
Now I have to find the proper manuals. I've gotten my hand on some pdf from the web but they are no the specific manuals for my Gasoline Dexta.
And I will now identify the serial number with the info you provided.
Back soon with more questions.

Cheers :beer:
Life's too short to be waiting for the end of the world.

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

The only thing you'll find easily for the petrol Dexta is the instruction book supplement, all other things are very rare.
Sandy
ImageImageImage