Lengths of Levelling Box and Drop Arm

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
truckcham9
Not Quite Blue Yet

Lengths of Levelling Box and Drop Arm

Post by truckcham9 »

My 1964 New Performance Super Dexta (with an automatic pick up hitch and a Roll Bar) is away undergoing a restoration and I am looking to replace the welded up Drop Arm and Levelling Box. Various sites show three different lengths and Agriline's offering is not suitable for use with a pick up hitch. Any information on the correct length please would be very welcome, thank you, Tony

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: Lengths of Levelling Box and Drop Arm

Post by Billy26F5 »

The lifting rods are the same for either having or not having the pick up hitch, what is different are the lift arms. I recommend you get a good second hand set, as then you know you have the right parts. The pick up hitch lifting rods are different, and again I recommend a good second hand set.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Bounce
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Bounce »

On this topic, is it normal for the link arms to hit the axle trumpets before the lift arms are at full height? I’ve fitted agrilines levelling box and fixed drop arm, and with the levelling box unscrewed all the way it is almost the same height as the fixed drop arm, but the link arms will be stopped by the axle trumpets before the lift arms have travelled to their full height.

Should this be the case?

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

I don't think so, but I'll need to check on Davie tomorrow. I think your Agriline parts might be the problem but I'm not sure.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

I've just looked at Davie and they do hit the axle housings.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Bounce
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Bounce »

Thanks Sandy