Sta-Dri cabs?

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Dextapaul
Not Quite Blue Yet

Sta-Dri cabs?

Post by Dextapaul »

I have a Sta Dri cab for my Dexta which is all complete but needs some TLC.

We're these classed as safety cabs or am i better fitting a roll bar?

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: Sta-Dri cabs?

Post by Billy26F5 »

I don't think any cab from that period is classed as a safety cab.
The best possible way of avoiding trouble is to be very careful not to get anywhere near the sort of situation that will cause a roll, a good thing to do if you can is to use a wide wheel track. A roll bar is not much use unless it can take the impact and you're using a seat belt (without the seat belt is's easy for the operator to get tossed anywhere including under the roll bar itself).
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Dextapaul
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Dextapaul »

Thanks Sandy, it should be limited to road runs and the odd flat field. The cab is quite small but its something 'different' to have so i'll decide if i put it on or not.

Another question - sorry. I need to sort out a number plate now i have the registation sorted out with DVLA - were the plates (presumably organised by the dealers of the time?) old school pressed black/white things?

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

They were indeed pressed black and polished registration number, the white/yellow ones didn't appear till 68. Many however were chalked or painted straight on the part in the location you would have the plate, but that depended on the dealer.
Sandy
ImageImageImage