Ford 9600

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
Pascal
True Blue

Ford 9600

Post by Pascal »

Hi guys,

Today I was with a friend, who has just bought a Ford 9600 4WD! What a great tractor :D
I sat on it for a moment....quite a view from up there! 8)
And what a sound from that engine...almost as nice as an 590e of course. :D

The cab is temperaly off for some reparation work.

My friend mentioned that the 4WD axle was not originally mounted in the USA, but mounted in Belgium. Does anybody knows more about this?
Did EVA (I won't forget the name of this company, since it's the first name of my wife :) ) do this? I thought they were more into the 6 cylinders tractors, like Ford 5095, 7095 and 6500 (for Germany), when Ford itself didn't fabricate them theirselves?

My friend is going to use this tractor for tractrpulling.

Looking forward to your reactions!
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Pascal
I like these tractors, although I have never seen one and are not likely to on Norfolk. They are very much like the County 1254/1454 but with the small front wheels.
The one above has a "grunty don't mess with me look" 8)
Kiwi Kev
Last edited by Kiwi Kev on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

They were "grunty" without 4WD! That tractor used to tear complete lugs off the tyres and throw them at the driver!

PM Tractors sold more of those than any dealer in England and we had most of the problems. You will need to use nothing but Ford oil in the back end as the dif.lock will slip like mad if you do not. Dif lock is a dif. braking system rather than a true dif. lock and we stripped them at least three times a year to replace the plates when they were used in heavy cultivation work.

Fords always queried the warranty work on tyres and rear axles as they said the tractors were only to be used on PTO work.

The lift is also very weak, it only has the lift capacity of a Ford 7610. It was designed for semi mounted ploughs rather than a fully lifted plough and that big tractor looked silly when it could only lift a four furrow plough, however when you ploughed on top with a six furrow or eight furrow semi mounted, they were unstoppable.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

This tractor didn't have the original gearbox anymore. A TW15 gearbox was mounted. It seems to fit perfect.

Does anybody knows more about the supposed mounting of the 4wd front axle in Belgium?
Or were they factory mounted?
Best regards,
Pascal

henk

Post by henk »

Would be nice to make a ride on that tractor Pascal.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hello Pascal (and others),

When it has the tw15 box, then fitting the 4wd should be easier too, isn't it? Or is the drive taken from the rear axle housing?

Do you know Pascal where in Holland this tractor comes from? I heard a story of a 9600 some time ago here in the east about a tw box being fitted into a 9600.

Best regards

Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hello Emiel,

I believe the 9600 comes from Schoonebeek, near the German border.

I don't know about the 4wd.
Best regards,
Pascal

stark1
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by stark1 »

Hi

I am new to this site but not new to Fords though. Entering this forum with what seems to be a big black hole about the 86/9600 4wd conversions. As far as I been informed these conversions were mostly made by the dealers in Holland and Belgium. Normaly Ford outsourced these kind off specialities to County, EVA or SEM. However its sad that most off these now have the US fenders on when they were new they had the Hara cab on.

There is only one heaven and its all blue!