3000 Hydraulic pump.

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

3000 Hydraulic pump.

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

Does anyone know what size/type thead the outlet port on a 3000 hydraulic pump has? Are there any modified fittings that can be used to replace the original fittings on the steel pipe? Cheers TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I will check and see if I can find out, Up till my last big clear-out I had a hydraulic pump that I used for training but that is now on my scrap heap. :cry: but that was the earlier type with the manifold held on with three bolts.

The one with compression fittings was the only modification I know of. We have had the same problem with the 3000 we have here. It blew the pressure pipe when we were getting the reversible plough ready for Dotty's ploughing trip. I don't have the size but I have all the old numbers.

C7NN H856 C .. Compression fitting, Pump end.
C7NN H856 B .. Compression fitting, Rear Axle end.
87053-S94 .. "O" ring seal, low pressure pipe.
C7NN E883A .. Elbow adaptor, rear axle.
291320 .. "O" ring seal, compression fitting and elbow adaptor.

These numbers are from the Ford Service Bulletin, No1, 1970.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

"Basil" the 3000 was turning some hay a couple of days ago, when he went over some obscured,stray "deere tracks" :evil: .About half an hour later, the hydraulic hose from the pump came out and spewed out hydraulic oil all over the steering box and clutch housing.I suspect the "bounce" of going over the deere ruts was enough to unsettle the hydraulic hose, for it to come out, soon afterwards.Will try C7NN H856 C. Many thanks TSG. :)
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Have replaced the munted seal with a new C7NN H856 C nut assembly.Seems to have fixed the fault, and now "Basil" is up and running again. :wink: But I still wonder why Ford could have used a more conventional/ordinary hydraulic hose connection? :? TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900