Ford 5000

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
brownsmule
True Blue

Ford 5000

Post by brownsmule »

Bought a Ford 5000 (NOT a Super Major). Numbers on tractor are 9M30B over AJ7016. Original paint, shed kept, not all beat up. 4600 hrs and hour meter not working, manual trans w/Hi-Lo. Until I get manuals for this Big Blue what can you kind folks advise me on this model. Interested in what year, HP rating, best and worst things. Thanks in advance
brownsmule

btw: DIESEL

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

9M30B is 1969, December 30th, Day shift.

The second number you quote is not any Ford designation so you need to clean the area a bit more. It could be A 17016* but there is a number missing. This would indicate a Ford 5000 built in Antwerp in Belgium.

Ford made the same tractor in Antwerp, Basildon and Highland Park, with odd differences in mudguards, lights etc. but the main parts like engines, gearboxes , hydraulics and rear axles were made in the different factories and shipped around.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

brownsmule
True Blue

Ford 5000

Post by brownsmule »

Doing the usual; lubricants & filters.
Scraped & cleaned the pad for numbers
AJ7016 may not be a Ford # however that is what is there
I'll take a few pictures & get someone to post them.
ya know, a picture is worth a maybe 5000 words.
Many Thanks for the information so far.........
brownsmule in NC USA

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Send the pictures to my e-mail at fordsontractorpages@btconnect.com and I will put them up.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian