cab damage

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
shergar
True Blue

cab damage

Post by shergar »

hello all , i have a ford 4000 pre force with orignal ford cab and had a slight altercation with a shed, the damage, top front of cab bent just above the windsreen , pushed windsreen in but fortunately not smahed it, broke the exhaust off , also put some small holes in the canvas roof , want to try to strighten the cab but don't want to pull the roof off incase i can't get any replacement press studs , also put windsreen back in with the orignal rubbers but are perished and was not happy with the fit so i've taken it out before it falls out , does any one know where i can get new press studs and new rubber seals for the windscreen , would i be asking too much if any one made new roofs for these cabs, not had too much luck with tractors this week my te 20 broke down and got a puncture at the same time, serves me right for not getting a dexta.
regards wayne
i love driving tractors me!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

That is the equivalent of ploughing up Headingly Cricket Ground!!! :stress: How could you damage such a rare icon :eyes:

I would think chances of getting a good roof now are pretty slim, the cab was only used for a very short time. I don't think I have seen another in a show.

Someone like Ben26 may be able to help, he is really into repairs and renovation and may have some contacts.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

shergar
True Blue

Post by shergar »

thats no problem for me i'll be first in line at headingly with my 4000 and a 3 furrow dowdswell :twisted: , rather stick pins in my eyes while thrashing myself with stinging nettles than watch cricket, that coming from a yorkshireman :!: the cab roof is not that bad i really could do with new window rubbers , i'll post some pics tomorrow.
thanks wayne

shergar
True Blue

Post by shergar »

at a second look it's not too bad the front hoop just above the windscreen been bent back but need to undo the press studs to get to it , if any of you guys know where i can get hold of some press studs and new window rubbers that would be great .
020 by shergar3, on Flickr
[/img]Image
022 by shergar3, on Flickr