what have i bought

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
wee blue tractor fan
Not Quite Blue Yet

what have i bought

Post by wee blue tractor fan »

hi folks i was wondering if you could help identify what i have bought it is a ford 4000 industrial loader with a concrete block on the back i think it is based on a preforce as it has the vents on the bonnet i dont know why i bought it or what i will do with it but any help identifying it would be helpful

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Hi we could do with some pictures :wink: . it could be a number of different things.
There where a lot of those converted from back hoe/ loaders to just loading shovels over the years. The back hoe wore out and fell off and the weight was added instead. It could be a conversion by ford or whitlock or something else or just a ford tractor painted yellow for highway use :) .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

wee blue tractor fan
Not Quite Blue Yet

yes a picture would probably help i have been checking the forum to see how to post pictures and will have a go next week

wee blue tractor fan
Not Quite Blue Yet

i now have tractor home and my dad says it is a ford 13 6 have had a look on internet and can find nothing about them so if anyone knows anything about them it would be appreciated

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

On the top of the mounting lug behind the starter will be a series of numbers. Find and post those, they will give the serial number, where she was built, when she was built and the model code.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

wee blue tractor fan
Not Quite Blue Yet

hi folks the numbers on the casting lug is 7D7 B835 722 if that makes sense to anyone they can let me know i have some pictures of it on my computer and am trying to post them i have searched the forum for help downloading them and i am almost ready to try wish me luck[/img]

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

That is April 7th 1967, Basildon built.

Fords did build a pure loader tractor for a short while but it was something like a 450 I think. They tried to sell it as a contractors tool for jobs like beet loading before the coming of the rough terrain fork lift.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

wee blue tractor fan
Not Quite Blue Yet

hi brian thanks for the info i have found info on the other lug 7C10B70A18 does that mean anything my dad is adamant it is a 13 6 he says the local house builder had a fleet of these and they built most of the sheds on the farm in the late sixties and when we built the silage pit dad drove that at nights and weekends to dig out the pit he says the seat turned with the back hoe and there was a lever you pulled and it kept the bucket level but that made it to slow the reason we were building a pit was we had went into lose housing with the dairy herd and we had a big concrete silo that stored the silage and it dropped the silage onto a conveyor that automatically feed the cows very modern for the sixties however the above house builder opened a quarry one field away from the farm and the blasting moved the tower till it collapsed one day

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Another "New" Ford tractor to me! Never came across it at Boreham as far as I can remember. Must have been the range before the 550.

Wonder how popular they were, we had JCB's, Whitlock and Hymac as market leaders in this area.
Brian

wee blue tractor fan
Not Quite Blue Yet

thanks jc thats the one except mine has a back ballast and brian i am led to believe that there was a 4550 loader excavator before the 550 ps can anyone make sense of the serial number i posted as i cant

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

That is not the serial number, that is more date codes. 1967.March 10th, Day shift. This would be your production date code, the year, day and shift the tractor was assembled on.

The 70A18 does not match model code or date code, it could be another 1967 January 18th which would fit in. 0 is the code for 1970 so either it or the 7 is wrong, I would suspect the 0 as all the other codes are 1967.

On the lugs are the transmission Date code, the tractor build date code and the serial number which is your B835722.

Tractors after June 1968 had a code that detailed Tractor, Chassis, Engine, PTO and Transmission type.
Brian

wee blue tractor fan
Not Quite Blue Yet

my 13 6 Image
Last edited by wee blue tractor fan on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

snowman
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by snowman »

hi we have one minus the loader[ removed] she has a 3cyd engine and is badged as a 3550 loader was identical she runs but smokes more out of the breather than the exaust

David M
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: what have i bought

Post by David M »

Here is a picture of a 13/6 my Dad used to own.

It was called a 13-6 because it could dig 13 feet, 6 inches deep.

This photo was taken of it in the local annual gala in the early 70's.
The wheels and bucket received a nice new coat of paint the day before
and when the girls got out of the bucket they had received one to.
David
-----------------------------------
It's a machine... it will fix!

Emil Nyman
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re:

Post by Emil Nyman »

I have never heard about any 13-6 but that one on the picture are similar to my fathers 4500 -69. meybe there where sold as 4500 only in Sweden.
Ford 3000 -69
ÅLÖ Quicke loader
ÅLÖ snowblower
Fordson Super Dexta -64
MF Robur III -68

Mike J
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: what have i bought

Post by Mike J »

Hi,
In the early days Ford introduced the Ford 13/6 this was a sideshift bachoe = 13foot 6" digging depth, then came the 16/6 a centre post machine with 16foot 6"
digging depth, this was also available with the return to dig facility. These two were then replaced with the 3550 and 4550 followed by the 550,655,675 models
Regards,
Mike J