6y 5000 SoS 4wd

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
stark1
Not Quite Blue Yet

6y 5000 SoS 4wd

Post by stark1 »

I just found out that a force 5000 with SoS gearbox and 4wd conversion is for sale here in Sweden. How many SoS 5000 were ever produced on 6y series? The 4wd conversion is something I havent figured out yet what it is.
There is only one heaven and its all blue!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

There were quite a few SOS tractors made in the Y series. We used to sell 27 at a time to one customer, all SOS tractors. They had got the box just about right by then.

County made a few equal wheeled 4wd and we serviced one of the only two SOS Doe 130's built. Roadless made some X series tractors but I do not think they made any Y series.

Another really interesting 4wd tractor in Sweden is the Nuffield with two engines. It was built by a Swedish Nuffield importer for use in the forests. Each engine drove two wheels on the same side. It had two gearboxes and was steered by the engine throttles.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

john.n
True Blue

Post by john.n »

is that like the "DIFFCO" i have read about Brian?

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: 6y 5000 SoS 4wd

Post by Kiwi Kev »

stark1 wrote:I just found out that a force 5000 with SoS gearbox and 4wd conversion is for sale here in Sweden.
Did you buy her, or got any photos of her.
Kiwi Kev
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!