Ford 3600

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
Pascal
True Blue

Ford 3600

Post by Pascal »

Hi guys,

After Brian's good example to upload an picture of a few years ago, I guess it's my turn now. :)

Last saturday I helped out at the celeriac harvest (in Dutch: knolselderij). I kept the road as clean as possible with a dozerblade behind this Ford 3600:

My grandfather had a Ford 3600 on his farm. It was the tractor I learned to drive on.
Here you will find a picture of about 25 years ago:

So last saturday it was really great to drive on the tractor of my youth. 8)
It's amazing how manoeverable this tractor is...especially compared to my 6 cylinder SuperMajor. :roll:

I hope you like the pictures.
Anybody else had any experience with 3600's?
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

Pascal, I haven't used a 3600, but I do use a 3000 just about every day.The 3600 has survived the last 25 years quite well compared to my 3000. How many hours has it done?Cheers TSG. :mrgreen:
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Great pictures Pascal. Still makes me feel my age though!

I have just got my price list from the shelf for 23rd July 1977 when I was selling the "New" 600 series..

A Basic Build with a Ford "Q" Cab was £5306.00. You could save £303.00 by having a Lambourn cab.

A Full Spec Build with Ford "Q" Cab, Pick Up Hitch, Power Steering and 11x28 6 ply tyres would cost you £5696.00

A single spool valve added another £66.00

I have a note in the book to say that all prices had risen by 5% within a few weeks of publication and I think VAT was around 15% on top.

The bigger tractors in the range, the 5600, 6600 and to some extents, the 7600 were a big disappointment, the 6700 and 7700 as well. The horsepower of all the tractors remained the same as the previous models but they had an extra weight to carry in the shape of the cab, so it was another Ford boob, much like the "X" series. It was not until the introduction of the "Starred" block and the extra HP that they became a good tractor again. Then, of course, the porosity problems started.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi TSG,
It looks great indeed! I think it has done about 6.000 hours.

Hi Brian,
Thank you very much for your reply! Great to have those information!
I believe in the Netherlands most 3600's were sold with a rollbar or sunroof. My grandfather had a quite simple tractor without external hydraulics and powersteering.

Isn't it strange to raise the prices with 5% only weeks after the introduction?

Too bad to read, that the bigger models of the 600-series weren't such a great tractors. :(
I guess the 10-series were better tractors? Or only from series II or III?
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.