10 Series and TW pictures

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

10 Series and TW pictures

Post by Brian »

The 10 Series lineup.

My favorite! :D It was always said that they could not get me out of the seat of this one, at Boreham.

The turning circle of the front axle. Originally the TW range had the angled back king pins like the John Deere but JD soon stopped the supply from ZF.

7710 and plough.

Cab on the 7710 with the flat floor, tilting steeringwheel etc.

It would also pull a trailer. :D

TW25

Ford stand at the Royal Show in the early 1990's

And I know its not a 10 Series but ......

The iconic 7000 with Load Monitor working a semi-mounted plough. Unlike other methods of depth control which would just adjust the front of the plough, when the Load Monitor ram was incorporated in the system, any depth corrections were made down the whole length of the plough.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Pascal
True Blue

Re: 10 Series and TW pictures

Post by Pascal »

Hi Brian,

I just love these pictures!! Wow!! :clap:
I think these are beautiful Fords! I really like the 7810 and 8210, although I have never drove one of them.
They just look really impressive and have that great 6 cylinder-sound. :D

Great new forum btw!

Best regards,
Pascal
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

She's a beauty Brian, it's no wonder you wanted to operate this tractor. I would love to have some run time on one of these myself.
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

Gavin
True Blue

Post by Gavin »

I have to agree with you on the 4610. Just wish mine was 4 wheel drive. They are small enough to work in confined areas but still cope well in the field. Even the rubik cube gearchange is not as bad as people think - you just need to get to grips with it!
Fordson Super Dexta, Ford 4610, and Ford 3000

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

My uncle had an 4610 2WD with a supercab.
The gearchange was indeed a bit of a struggle in the beginning.

Any idea's why Ford put the gears on the steering colomn with the smaller models? More space in the cab?
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

Gavin
True Blue

Post by Gavin »

I can only assume that increased clear floor area was the reason although the gear lever doesn't help access through the right hand door when in some gears. Mine also has the Q cab but I used to use one on a farm 20 years ago with the secura low profile cab which I think looks better on the 10 series than the bubble cab.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

There were two "Rubic Cube" column changes fitted to those tractors. The early one was pretty bad because you could be parked by the side of the road as you tried to change up the box, with a load. :D The later "H" pattern was a better system.

We were told at Fords that Fiat had a big input into transmission design on the 10 Series.

If you want to see a real "Chinese Puzzle" in a gearbox, try taking the reverse idler gear out of a 40 Series gear box. Even with the whole gearbox stripped out you wonder how they got it in. Even the instructor who showed us how to do it in the class room had major problems.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Gavin
True Blue

Post by Gavin »

The H pattern was too easy, the early type is far more fun ( 5 moves between 2nd and 3rd gears) :lol:

Yes Brian I have come to a halt many times on hills till i got to grips with the layout. Fortunately that doesn't happen too often now (fingers crossed)

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Brian wrote:

My favorite! :D It was always said that they could not get me out of the seat of this one, at Boreham.
Brian, This may be a silly question, but is this you, ( a couple of years ago)
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Unfortunately no Kev. If it were I would be a good few years younger than I am. :mrgreen:

These are all Ford Training Slides. Between 1975 and 1995 I did training courses for operators for the Agricultural Training Board. Because I was "known" to Fords at Boreham, through the "Master Service Technician" they were happy to provide me with slides and other information.

I have also got Claas slides and IH Axial flow combine slides as well as ones I took myself.
Brian