Looks like a Fordson

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
Gman
True Blue

Looks like a Fordson

Post by Gman »

Hello, some of you know of me from the New Major forum. I have seen a tractor on my way home from work that looks just like my Power Major from a distance, it has Ford label on side of bonnet. As some of you know I'm not that knowledgeable on tractors but was wondering if there were Fords that have the same look as a Fordson. :scratchhead: I have never seen a Ford that looks like this. Thanks for any info.
Gman: 1959 Power Major

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Looks like a Fordson

Post by Brian »

The New Performance Super Major was sold as a Ford 5000 on your side of the pond. It was painted grey on the tinwork with blue castings and blue grills. Best looking tractor they built to my mind. Wish Fords had painted ours like that.

By that time in the company history, the British Fordson was finished and Ford US controlled both car and tractor production. The name stamped on parts and packaging chnged from "EnFo" to "FoMoCo" around that time.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Gman
True Blue

Post by Gman »

Thanks Brian. She was running recently because I can see some work that was done with her, has a flat tire. Hope to catch someone there I can inquire and take a look at her.
Thanks again.
Gman: 1959 Power Major

River
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by River »

I might be mistaken,but I've seen a few pre NPSMs in North America, with grey hoods and 5000 decals, around 1962 I think they started.