Spin-On Oil Filter Conversion Kit

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
bigmax7
Not Quite Blue Yet

Spin-On Oil Filter Conversion Kit

Post by bigmax7 »

Does anyone have a view on Ford Tractor Spin-On Oil Filter Conversion Kit, or has anyone fitted one or use one on their tractor. I have a 4000 and am thinking of fitting one in place of the Cartridge Type.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Spin-On Oil Filter Conversion Kit

Post by Brian »

I was working for a Ford dealer when the spin-off conversion first came out and it saved us time, mileage and money.

With the original filter, every time you changed it you were never sure when it was going to leak. You could run the tractor and all would be OK but after you had left the farm, the farmer would be on the phone raising Cain because the filter was leaking. The flat rubber seal would always be scrunched up in the box and did not fit on the block correctly.

We were contract servicing tractors all over the Eastern Region of the UK, many, many tractors, and we all breathed a sigh of relief at the introduction of the kit because it eliminated all our problems.

For me, its the conversion every time.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

frode
True Blue

Post by frode »

Where is this kit available?
frode

1957 County MarkIV Crawler
1964 County Super-4
1967 County 654
1977 County 7600-FOUR

bigmax7
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by bigmax7 »

Thanks for the reply. I had the same problem with it leaking after a day. I will change to a conversion kit at next oil change. Suppliers are Agriline at agrilineproducts .com part 6822 or silverfoxtractorspares.com

Blue Swede
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Blue Swede »

I am getting a conversion kit as well. I have been lucky, no leaks so far, but I do not trust the by-pass valve function on the cartridge type.