Serial Number Query

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
Jeff4wd
Not Quite Blue Yet

Serial Number Query

Post by Jeff4wd »

Hi
I have recently bought a Ford 3000. I am having a bit of trouble figuring out the numbers on the bell housing area. They read like this:
6M22C
7A12
A146-946

Can anyone help me identify these numbers, as I cannot make any sense of them, especially the serial number?! :?

Thanks

Jeff

commander
True Blue

Re: Serial Number Query

Post by commander »

Jack

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Your tractor was built on the 22nd December 1966, in the afternoon in the Antwerp factory. The second number is January 12th 1967 and the "A" number is the serial number which gives Antwerp.

The model number is usually the last to go on as the tractor leaves the factory so the January number is slightly out of series but it could have been the Christmas celebrations> :buddies:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Jeff4wd
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Jeff4wd »

Hi Brian

Thanks very much the info. Does anyone know how long the factory in Antwerp was running for, were there a lot of tractors made?

Thanks

Wendy

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

the '000nd Series was known as The World Series and, in theory, was the same tractor all over the world. Parts and tractors were made at Basildon, tractor assembly, engines and hydraulics, Antwerp, tractor assembly, gear boxes and rear axles, Highland Park, USA, tractor assembly, Select-O-Speed transmissions.

So Basildon made engines and hydraulics for the whole world, Antwerp the gearboxes and rear axles for the whole world and Highland Park the SOS transmission. So you could have a tractor assembled in any of the three factories and it would be built with parts from the others. Serial numbers tell you where the tractor was assembled. A = Antwerp, B = Basildon, C = Highland Park. As far as I know Antwerp is still producing tractor components for CNH, Basildon still assembles some models.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Jeff4wd
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Jeff4wd »

Hi

Thanks very much again Brian. Fountain of all knowledge! :)

Wendy