Ford 4000 engine model T6.

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
Michlind
Not Quite Blue Yet

Ford 4000 engine model T6.

Post by Michlind »

Hey. I come from Denmark and i´m new in this fora.

I have recently bought an old ford 4000. The tractors serial number indicates that it´s made i december 1966.

BUT.... The engine is a mush newer model. The engine i marked with T6 on the side. My problem is that everywere I look I simply cant find any information about engines marked with T6, so if anyone can help my with info about this engine I would be very pleased.

I found a number that could be a serial number on the engine with the latters 4K3B, could it be the engines serial number?

Best regards Michael

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Ford 4000 engine model T6.

Post by Brian »

Your engine is October 3rd 1974 made on the Day shift. The T6 is just a casting code related to the mould. Engine serial numbers are stamped on the machined area near the sump on either the right or left side of the engine depending on year. It should start P = 4000, D = Diesel then the number.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Michlind
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Michlind »

Thank's for your reply. The date must be the 3th not 7th?

I just thought that the T6 meant something important!!!! :)

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Sorry, yes you are right, October 3rd 1974 Day shift.

The "T" appears on a lot of Fordson and Ford castings, here is "T 4" on a Dexta gearbox. I am sure there is a reason but I no longer have the contacts in the Dagenham Foundry who might have answered the question.

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian