v5 information query

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
Jeff4wd
Not Quite Blue Yet

v5 information query

Post by Jeff4wd »

Hi again

I recently received the V5 log book for my 1967 Ford 3000 tractor.

Under Chassis/Serial No it has 7E KB 837707. I cannot find this number anywhere on the tractor.

Does anybody have any idea as to what this number could be, as all the casting codes match within a month of each other, December 1966 to January 1967.
Thanks
Jeff

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: v5 information query

Post by Brian »

Check on the top of the implement mounting pad behind the starter, I would suspect it is a mistake.

The serial number starts B so yours is B837707 which would be correct. The 7E is May 1967, the K could be an 8 making it May 8th 1967, if there is a B close to this it will have been made on the day shift.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Jeff4wd
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Jeff4wd »

Hi
Thanks Brian
Have looked all over the tractor for this number and can't find it anywhere. The serial no. on the tractor definitely does not match this number.

Could the gearbox have been changed or is there chance of someone swapping the number plate with another tractor? All the casting codes match.

Thanks
Jeff

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

You will need to sort things out with the DVLA if the numbers do not match. The only place the serial number is stamped is on that mounting lug and if it does not match the one on the V5 it could arouse suspicion when it comes to selling it.

Could have had a replacement gearbox housing or even a total back end.

Could also be a cock up at the DVLA. Henrietta has a 6 litre petrol engine according to them even after having a copy of the original brown log book.

Certainly needs sorting, any chance in contacting the previous owner?
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian