Ford 4000 front axle pivot pin

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Ford 4000 front axle pivot pin

Post by Tubal Cain »

Can anyone give me some guidance as to how to remove a seized pivot pin on a 4000?

A sketch of a pivot pin for a later tractor shows the pin threaded at one end and with a hexagon machined on the other. Can anyone confirm that earlier pins were also threaded or were they a push fit?

Gerald

_JOHN_
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Ford 4000 front axle pivot pin

Post by _JOHN_ »

Last edited by _JOHN_ on Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

I thought only 2000's, 3000's and 4000su used front axle pins, normal 4000's, the pins are a part of the front axle assembly, held in place by the four bolts that hold the front bush in place. With 3000 with the hexagonal headed axle pin, on other sites they cut the pin to get the front axle out, and then cut the pin out of the threads :scratchhead: Basically its a bugger of a job, :eyes: TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

shergar
True Blue

Post by shergar »

aye up

have rebuilt the whole front end on my 4000 , to to remove the front axle you need to undo the four bolts that hold the front pivot bush housing which should have lock wire threaded through the bolt heads, once that's out it should just pull out , the pivot pins in my axle were wielded in , they were badly worn so grinded the wield of the back of the pins and drifted them out , i got a friend to turn me some new pins and wielded back in .

hope this helps

wayne
i love driving tractors me!