New member, some questions...

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
ford5000y
True Blue

New member, some questions...

Post by ford5000y »

Hello,I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time and this time I would like to introduce myself. I am Juan Carlos Gabriel, 16 and I live in the Philippines. There were several Fordsons around here in our area and I love them. We own a Ford force 5000 while my grandfather owns a Ford force 4000 and once owned a Fordson Major. Recently my father took the tractor(the 5000) to a repair shop for some upgrades (hydraulic quick couplings and others). Also, he had the front axle turned around (which means the a-frame is in the front secured by a large pin that is fixed to a plate that is, in turn, bolted to the front "tombstone"). Now, is there any adverse effects on that front axle setup on a 5000 ?

Pascal
True Blue

Re: New member, some questions...

Post by Pascal »

Welcome to this board Juan Carlos!

Why would you want to turn around the front axle?
I have seen this on a Major because the engine was replaced by a 6 cilinder which had a different (aluminium) sump, that couldn't handle the A-frame.

With the 6 cilinder conversion on a Major, a additional subframe is necessary. I am not sure if it's the same with a Ford 5000.

Do you have any pictures?
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

ford5000y
True Blue

Post by ford5000y »

It was my fathers idea to turn it around, in fact, i opposed to his idea because it would remove some paint :cry: . But im pretty sure that front axle setup would be better when overhauling the engine, because there would be no worn pin to be stuck in the sump .

I'm looking forward to those quick couplers. It is because the "new trend" in here is that the hydraulic jack is directly connected to the valve block by a pair of hydraulic hoses. that means, if you would need the hydraulic jack to work on an implement, you have to lift the entire jack to the implement and secure it with pins :shock: , as we all might know those hydraulic jacks weren't lightweight :eyes: .

ford5000y
True Blue

Post by ford5000y »

Oh yes, the pictures!!!! The tractor belongs to us for more than a year and, it's still SHINY :mrgreen: ! Mainly because I would try to clean the tractor to a high standard, in one occasion my grandfather(he was the one who bought the tractor) went to the house to borrow the tractor for some field work, but upon seeing me polishing the tractor , he headed back toward his house and decided to just borrow my uncles tractor(a ford 6600)!!!!

i would try to post pictures(possibly even my grandfathers 4000) as soon as possible.

ford5000y
True Blue

Post by ford5000y »

here they are...
the front axle turned today, probably it'll be finished saturday.

update 07/11/13
work on the tractor is finished earlier than I thought but sadly I cant get any pics of the "new" front axle setup. I have just come home from school(I am now a 2nd year college student) and I havent got any time to take the pictures because it's pretty dark. Ill try to post pics tomorrow..