Newbi with question ford 7610

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
lambo150
Not Quite Blue Yet

Newbi with question ford 7610

Post by lambo150 »

Hello everybody,
My name is Sam. I follow this forum since a while and I'm really impressed about the knowledge of the members and the admins.
Great forum and very interesting!!!
I'm a big Ford and Fordson fan and i bought a Ford 7610 a few years ago to work with it.
I'm not farming but cutting some wood and actually building where the Ford is very helpfull. A few things about the Ford: it is a 1983 model with Dual Power, 4WD, a Q-cab and a frond end loader.
It has over 9000hrs spend and the engine has been changed by a previous owner.
Now about my question: What tyre size should this tractor have? When i drive backwards with engaged 4wd i have problems by cornering. The front wheels seem to turn to fast compared to the rear ones. The cardan is forcing and i have stress in the gearbox/front axle. (sorry for my english, hope you know what i mean)
The tractor has semi-used 480/70r38 at the back and new 13.6r28 at the front. Front axle is ZF APL 325. Rear tyres are radials, front are diagonals which are lightly higher than radials with the same size.
I know tat the front wheels should turn 1-5% faster than the rear ones with engaged 4wd to pull the tractor, but i suppose that mine does more. (i did not yet measure it, but i will do it).
Shouldn't it have 12.4 at the front?

Thank you,
Sam

lambo150
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Newbi with question ford 7610

Post by lambo150 »

Hy
Trying to post a pic:

Hope it worked,
Bye

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The book says:

The tyres fitted to tractors with optional front wheel drive have been selected to match the gearing of the transmission and axles. When renewing worn or damaged tyres, always install tyres of the same size and type (radial or cross ply) as those removed and preferably of the same brand. The installation of other tyre size combinations may result in severe damage to the drive line components. If in doubt consult your Ford Tractor Dealer.

If you have new tyres on the front and worn ones on the rear there is going to be a transmission wind-up/overload. With cross ply and radial mix there could also be problems.

From your picture, the front tyres look a bit large for the rear ones.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

lambo150
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by lambo150 »

Hi Brian,
Thank you, on flat ground the nose is lightly hihger than the back end of the bonnet. Do you have a table with the different available tyre size for this model?
Sam

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi,

I can't help you with the tyre specs of the 7610, because the brochure I have, doesn't show them. :'(
However I do have them of the 6710 (13.6x28 front; 16.9x38 rear).
The 7710 has the same specs for its tyres. I hope this will help you?
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.