Rear wheel weights

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
Bensdexta
True Blue

Rear wheel weights

Post by Bensdexta »

Can anyone help here...?

http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... 792#p38792

I know someone who's got some...
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

ford5000y
True Blue

Re: Rear wheel weights

Post by ford5000y »

Those were ford thousand series weights, as far as I know.

Our ford 5000 has a pair of those fitted. my grandfather's pretty much original ford force 4000 has two pairs of it.
here's the one fitted to our tractor.
As you can see, they look exactly like the weights in your earlier topic, but, these weights were not made by ford. I discovered it while painting the weights before mounting them...

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Will these weights fit all 1000 series, inc 2000 & 3000?

Do they need 'starter' weights next to the wheel centre, or are all the weights the same?

Lovely looking 5000 you've got :D

By the way, hope you and yours survived the typhoon, terrible for those involved.

ford5000y
True Blue

Post by ford5000y »

No they don't need starter weights, just put them over! Downside is, no they wont fit on 2000 or 3000 or any tractor with those wheel centers, sadly that includes a Dexta :cry: . Also it depends on what wheel centers was fitted to the tractor, like for instance, One of my uncles has got another 5000 but he can't put weights on them because before he bought it somebody took the rear wheel rims and cetners off a ....massey ferguson and fitted it to the 5000.

You're lucky for having the full set of weights (3 for each wheel) our tractor has oly one each wheel. My father tried to look for more weights for sale but he found out that they have gone..quite expensive(someone here was selling several pairs of weights but upon inquiring we found out that a single wheel weight costs 4000 pesos, so, 8000 pesos for a pair!!!)

those weights in our tractor may look exactly like the weights in your link, but the weights in our tractor did not have "FORD" stamped in it. In its place was an even larger logo, which says "GAMI" in it. according to my father, GAMI stands for "Gregorio Araneta Machineries Inc. which, according to him, was the main distributor of ford tractors here in the Philippines back then. I'm pretty sure they made the weights for our tractor, even though i have seen some tractors around here with original FORD weights lately. My father used to tell me about seeing the main dealership of GAMI back then when he was studying, saying it was full of ford tractors like 7000s and the rest. That might be a delightful sight for me...

Thank you for your concerns. Good thing is that the typhoon did not go through Luzon island (if you're looking at the map of the Philippines, it was the large massive island that makes up the northern part of Philippines and, that's where we live) taking the Visayas group of islands instead. But seeing the devastation in the television gives everyone a hint of how powerful it is and of how unrealistic was the damage it gives.

I feel sad for the victims, very, very sad.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

So no starter weights needed, and these weights should fit 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000 with standard wheels.

What about the 600 series, which I think came from the 1000 series? And will they fit the 10 series also?

Thanks for all your information. Glad you weren't affected by the typhoon - I think it passed 400 hunded miles South of you.

ford5000y
True Blue

Post by ford5000y »

About the 600 and 10 series, that may be tricky for me because, the ONLY true 600 series tractor that I have seen here in our area, is my uncles ford 6600. There were other tractor branded as such but they just isn't one. One of our relatives has a "ford 6600", just on the decals and the grill because by just looking at it I can tell that their 6600 was, in fact, a ford pre-force 5000! I also discovered that my other uncle's ford force 5000 was in fact a ford pre force 5000 by just looking at how a ford force front cowl fits on a pre-force tombstone :shock:. Looks like the people who reconditions these tractors really got their stride on lying and cheating on their customers. Good thing though, because it looks like our 5000 in somehow original, and since fordsons were less popular due to their parts being a bit more expensive, so they were spared from the fate of being butchered :D

If you looks closely at the picture, you can see that the hydraulics of our tractor are down, looks like it has some issues on the hydraulics but were not yet prepared to repair it and I'm not prepared yet for accepting that the paintjob will be damaged (we owned the tractor for more than a year, and it was fully reconditioned and painted when it arrived and I've taken several measures to minimize damage on the paintwork)

Ok, back to the weights, got a bit carried away. As far as I can see, the weights will fit as long as the shape of the center allows it to sit in properly and the mounting holes matches the mounting holes of the weights, I think.