More on the Ford TW35

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
billgatt
Not Quite Blue Yet

More on the Ford TW35

Post by billgatt »

Just had the TW35 delivered a couple of hours ago, tractor fired up instantly and drove of the truck fine. It appears there are a range of warning lights along the top of the dash as well as down the sides. Problem is that although the oil pressure light along the top of the dash goes out quickly the one down the left side does not and the bar graph showing oil pressure flashes and sits on the red, there is also a warning on the dash which says STOP. I stopped the tractor immediately and spoke with the guy I bought it from, he says it was fine when it left and that the engine was good but these electronic dash units can be a problem. Any ideas on whats going on with these warning lights, I guess I need to connect a pressure gauge to manually check the pressure. Am I correct in saying there seems to be more than one warning light for the same thing on these Fords
Any help appreciated as I'm kinda new to these Fords.
Bill

Last edited by billgatt on Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

scoobyjim
True Blue

Re: More on the Ford TW35

Post by scoobyjim »

check the wire from the sender unit, this is most likely the cause, If the digital dash thinks there is a problem with anything on there it will say stop. id wires look ok check connector blocks going into cab behind engine. Could be faulty sender unit. Take wire off sender and should read no pressure, then touch it down to earth and should be full pressure.
Good idea to check manually aswell.

digital dash can be a little temperamental, usually down to dry solder joints but are repairable.

Where did you buy it from

Any Pics?

billgatt
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by billgatt »

Guy from south of England near Bridgewater who collects Ford County tractors but also seems to buy, sell and break things like TW's. Havent figured out how to post pictures yet.

billgatt
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by billgatt »

Just had a go at posting pictures, this is the TW35 as well as a 8100 which I have.

scoobyjim
True Blue

Post by scoobyjim »

Did you get oil pressure sorted. Was he called malcolm.

billgatt
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by billgatt »

No not sorted yet, been busy with Christmas but will get back to it in the New Year. Yes his name is Malcolm, sounds like the same guy. Why do you ask, have you done business with him?

billgatt
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by billgatt »

Just fitted a new oil pressure sender unit (£152) and thats fixed the problem, just need to do all the other thing I inherited now.

scoobyjim
True Blue

Post by scoobyjim »

:clap: