County

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

County

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Just another interesting application for the County.

Regards
Mervyn

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Hi Mervyn,
Is this on the beach in South Africa? Tell us your story! I would love to have one of those behemoths wouldn't you.
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Mark

Yes that is one of our very popular beaches in sunny South Africa, although it was a rather overcast day when I took the pic. The village is down in the southern cape called Plettenberg Bay, really beautiful part of South Africa. My family and I spent 2 weeks down there during our summer in January and February.

The boat you see can accommodate between 15 and 20 people. It takes people out to view the dolfins and whales out at sea, unfortunately we did not go out but next time we visit Plett it will be a must for me. I'm sure it does have other functions but not aware at this stage. The building you see in the back ground is named Beacon Isle and is a 5 star hotel with timeshare.

She certainly is a beast and very powerful, I think if my mind serves me right she was a six cylinder, not sure of the year. Love to own one but away from the coast. Can you imagine spending months on restoring her and then just to rust at the coast.

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

Hi Mervyn,

Thanks for the interesting picture. Its nice to see another County still working.
It looks like it could be a Super 6, but the hitch on the front makes it hard for me to tell. Does the hitch hyraulically raise the boat trailer? It also looks like it has two mufflers, unless those are something that was behind it when you took the picture.

I know what you mean about rust on the coast. My County 1164 was parked inside a barn on the coast for 15 years and it has rust everywhere. My Super 6 was parked outside in the high desert for at least 10 years, and its still in very good condition.

henk

Post by henk »

Hello Mervyn,

On the north coast of the isle Walcheren there's a beach were you can sit on a banana behind a speedboat. The equipment is brought on the beach on a similar way and also with a county. They do this for many years now and this summer I saw it for the last time.
Must pay attention when I see it again about what type of County it is.
I must say your coast are really something.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Henk and JC

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately the battery in my camera died on me so I was unable to take more pictures. I don't remember seeing a SIX or SUPER SIX on the front tomb stone section. I now dought myself whether it was a six cylinder or a eight with the two exhausts :oops: . Pity it is about 1400km away from where I live. I will try and get some history on it and report back later.

Best regards
Mervyn