Ford 7600 Power Plus

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
ford7600
Not Quite Blue Yet

Ford 7600 Power Plus

Post by ford7600 »

We own a W reg Ford 7600 with power plus engine . The problem is that the dash is part solid state and the Fuel gauge won't keep still . The other day when returning from a steam rally it came to my attention that the temp gauge had started to play up as well although there was plenty of water in the radiator the temp gauge had gone into red . I am told that this is a sign of the dash breaking down , Is this true and has anyone else had this trouble and do I need to get it repaired or what.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Ford 7600 Power Plus

Post by Brian »

Welcome to the board. The dash on your tractor is not all solid state as that did not really come in until the 1980's but what you may find is that the voltage regulator is playing up. Your symptoms point in that direction. If you remove the dash, disconnect the rev counter drive cable to give a little more freedom of movement, you will find a little oblong tin can bolted onto the rear of the rev counter. This is more than likely your problem and will need to be replaced.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian