Ford 7000

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
woodcutter
True Blue

Ford 7000

Post by woodcutter »

Hi all I have a county 944 which is based on a 7000 and it's been stood a while and I can't seem to get hydraulic pressure there's a igland winch on rear which is electro hydraulic and it needs oil pressure from tractor external service but when I raise lever nothing happens it was working when parked up so is there something simple that's seized or does oil need bleeding or is it going to be a big strip down cheers all

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Ford 7000

Post by Brian »

Could be a pump failure or a stuck unload valve in which case the top will have to come off. Watch out for the extra linkage if you have Load Monitor fitted.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

woodcutter
True Blue

Post by woodcutter »

I was afraid top might have to come off as the winch and cab are all in my way there is a long filter just behind my right leg hasn't been changed, I might try that first,

woodcutter
True Blue

Post by woodcutter »

I took the old filter off and wound tractor over with stopper out and oil comes out of there, so I put new filter on and tried it and nothing I only need the external services to work as this provides oil for front blade and winch, above the external service plunger there's a rectangular plate. Could anything in there be stopping oil flow as I really don't want to take top off. Or anyone got any ideas what to look at next, or would anyone have an exploded diagram of hydraulic top cover cheers all

5000blues
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by 5000blues »

Is there an external service knob on the right hand side below the seat? It should be all the way out for external service, but sometimes it gets hit and goes half way in, try pulling it out again.
If the seat is wet, sit on your hat, better to have a cool head than a wet arse