Request for help: where is the serial number of a Ford N8?

This forum is about the Ford World Series.
David Ebro
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by David Ebro »

Good evening:

Please tell me where is the serial number of a Ford N8.

The restrictive Spaniard law on the change of holder of old vehicles has been abolished and it is now possible to legalize a tractor through two witnesses testifying before a notary that the tractor has been in the possession of the transferee a minimum of six years.

This Ford N8 has a registration plate exceptionally very old compared to the vast province of Barcelona: B 181 (Barcelona).

N8 was the first Ford manufactured after the death of Henry Ford, without the consent of the heirs of Ferguson. This led to a lengthy judicial process.

This tractor was fitted with an extremely scarce engine diesel Perkins Hispania P3, due to the extreme shortage of gasoline in Spain after WW2, as the Government of general Franco helped Germany and Italy, while it also helped UK with weapons of war.

Best Regards: David Ebro.

"A hymn to life the ploughs sing".
(From the tango "Silence" of Carlos Gardel).

ford5000y
True Blue

Re: Request for help: where is the serial number of a Ford N

Post by ford5000y »

Some of our American members might know the serial no. location, I personally am not familiar with them, but I saw this website on the internet, hope it might help you. I remember seeing a part about serial number somewhere in this page.

http://www.oldfordtractors.com/