Super Dexta foot rest

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
terry274
True Blue

Super Dexta foot rest

Post by terry274 »

I am looking for a foot rest for a Super Dexta. I am located in the southeastern U.S. Currently I have this:

The previous owner bolted a bent piece of metal in place, but it is too far forward due to the way it was bent.
Thanks, Terry
--
1964 Fordson Super Dexta

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

I guess the question that should be asked,"Did they ever make a footrest for the left/clutch side of the Dexta/Super Dexta?" and if they were, where can you get them?Personally I've never seen one. :shock: Cheers TSG.

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

If you remove a right hand one and turn it over there is the same chequered patern so I assume they can be fitted to both sides. I intend fitting one to each side of mine.
1964 New Performance Super Dexta - Shiney but still needs work!

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

About an hour later I was looking at the footrest on my Super Dexta that I realised that its symmetrical.So if you get another footrest like you have by the brake pedals you can use it upsidedown on the clutch pedal side.But then you realise that will this make it harder to get on and off the tractor? and if you do use this footrest, will the clutch pedal will dig into the back of your leg?Maybe its better to have no footrest? :cry: TSG.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Left Hand Footpeg

Post by Bensdexta »

Quite alot of Dextas have footpegs on both sides, eg Stefan's:
http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... .php?t=559
I believe it was standard fit in some markets.
All the best,
Ben

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Dotty has both side foot rests and she was a New Zealand tractor.

I find that driving is easier because I seem to have to come around the clutch pedal if I use the foot board rather than the rest.

There would be a problem I suspect if you have big feet. Mine are not too large and I have jammed one between the rest and the steering arm. :oops:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian