Wanted - Dexta Oil Pipes

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
RossM
True Blue

Wanted - Dexta Oil Pipes

Post by RossM »

Hi, during my engine rebuild I seem to have misplaced the 2 Oil pipes that run diagonally on the righthand side of the block. I think one runs from top of sump height to below cylinder head and the other runs from similar area up to cylinder head behind the inlet mainfold.

Does anyone have either or both of these? I can't progress without them now :(

I think the part numbers are 957-8K803 and 957-6K602
1964 New Performance Super Dexta - Shiney but still needs work!

npaisnel
True Blue

Post by npaisnel »

Probably will have those too, from the same engine you had the diesel bleed off pipes from.

Will look today if I pop down the farm

Neil

PS if I forget, PM me again

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

Thanks neil. It would be a great help.

npaisnel
True Blue

Post by npaisnel »

Damn, I forgot, just back

Later then
If nothing, then remind me in a day or so

Neil

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

Have you managed to have a look yet Neil, thanks

npaisnel
True Blue

Post by npaisnel »

Yes, I had a brief look yesterday.

I only saw one, will look again this morning, but they look like steel pipes and looked very rusty,

If you still have the fittings the screw into the block, then I would say it is better to just make up some new ones. The fittings in the block are just right angle fittings and the pipe is pretty straight, looks like it is fitted to the fittings with olives and compression 'nut'. You are probably better just to make up some new ones.

If I sent you the one I looked at, you would probably need to strip it down, get new piece of pipe and olives and make a new one anyway, so if you are at a store that has the new olives, then they will probably have the rest of the fitting anyway.

So, I will look again today, I am making a list of jobs for the day as I write this

Neil

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

Thanks Neil, unfortunately i have none of the bits for these pipes. I've a feeling the company that fitted the new liners and skimmed the block removed them and they've got lost.

npaisnel
True Blue

Post by npaisnel »

OK,
I can probably get them off, but I still think you will be better off going to a local hydraulic or fittings supplier and making up new ones from new parts,

As a minimum with these pipes I reckon you will need new pipe and olives.

going down farm now

Neil

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

You can make up new pipes using 3/16" od. copper pipe and use compression fittings. If you don't have the fittings let me know and I will check the size of the threaded holes in the block and cylinder head.

The problem is that you normally have to purchase a roll of pipe, however have a word with your local friendly garage they may sell you a length of 3/16" brake pipe which is more than adequate.

Do you have the copper pipe which supplies oil to the rocker shaft?

If you have a problem obtaining the parts come back to me as I have copper pipe and can obtain the fittings, or I can point you in the right direction.

Gerald

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

Hi Gerald,

If I could get hold of the right fittings getting new pipe and olives shouldn't be a problem.

You mention a pipe to the rocker cover. Which is this? I know there are 2 up the right hand side but i can't think of another.

Ross

npaisnel
True Blue

Post by npaisnel »

I looked again last night, and I can see them but cant quite reach down to them, the diesel pipe I got off for you a month or so back was on the top of the engine, so easy to get to.
Unfortunately engine is at the bottom of a pile of other stuff, behind some other vehicles, so difficult to get it out.

Noe of the fittings are 'special' parts, they all look like off the shelf pipe fittings. So like Gerald says, if he can get you the thread type, then it should be no problem to get the bits.

If not and you really are stuck then I will have to get in to the shed in a month or two, but certainly not before then

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

Thanks neil I shal try and source the bits to build these pipes up.

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

Ross,

You will require 3 nos. brass compression male stud elbows to suit 3/16" pipe x 1/8" BSP taper. These are the fittings which screw into the block.

The pipe fitted to the top connection in the block carries the lubricating oil to the rocker shaft and is connected to a fitting under the cylinder head, you will have to remove the rocker cover to see it.

Gerald

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

I've managed to source a couple of pipes from Ron Greets. Thanks for all your help.

npaisnel
True Blue

Re: Wanted - Dexta Oil Pipes

Post by npaisnel »

Glad you got the pipes sorted..I only now have managed to get in tot he shed that had the other pipes you wanted to get the spare engine out myself...just as well you were not waiting on me to finish your project!!
If any one finds any of my pictures of interest, please do right click and Save Them to your computer as soon as possible.
I host my pictures on my own server and since this site does not save images, they may not always be available,