Dexta parts required

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
RossM
True Blue

Dexta parts required

Post by RossM »

Hi guys, i'm in search of the following list of parts for my 64 New Performance Super Dexta to complete my restoration and enable me to use her for my wedding day transport (fast approaching!!!!).
Can anyone help with any of the following?

Dynamo (working)
Gear Lever Housing
Seat Pan
Foot Plates
Manifold (i have 2 but both have holes!)
Check Chains and brackets
Wheel Rims (or complete wheels)
Folding Roll Bar
Leveling box assembly
Linkage drop arm
Top Link bracket casting
1964 New Performance Super Dexta - Shiney but still needs work!

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

If you have deep pockets all these parts are available new (pattern Parts).

It would help to identify some of them if you mentioned the original part Nos.

Gerald

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

It was looking at them new online lastnight that prompted me to enquire on here if anyone had any secondhand items! I'm reckoning i've about £1000 of spares/work required to get it finished and my pockets aren't that deep unfortunately and the wedding is sapping the rest of my money :( If need be i'll flex the plastic and buy these new but just thought i'd check f anyone had spares knocking about.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Try Malcolm Hipperson at Downham Market, Norfolk. He sells on the Internet and is a good honest dealer of parts. He has never let me down although the badge I got for Dotty is a poor version and the ignition switch which was a Sparex one has failed. He has lots of second hand parts.

Google him.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Brian wrote:Try Malcolm Hipperson at Downham Market, Norfolk. He sells on the Internet and is a good honest dealer of parts. He has never let me down although the badge I got for Dotty is a poor version and the ignition switch which was a Sparex one has failed. He has lots of second hand parts.
2nd that :wink:
I just got a 2nd-hand top link rocker bracket from Malcolm (01366-324394) for a tenner inc vat, +postage, in excellent condition.

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

Thanks ben and brian, i'll give him a try. :D

MikeR
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by MikeR »

on the subject of leveling boxes i bought a new one before realising refurbishment kits were available - they are nothing like the original in dimensions drop etc so if you can go for the kit - cheaper as well
Mike

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

i'd need a levelling box to refurb for that :lol:

however i did purchase some link arms with inter changable ball ends that i think have a levelling box attached from a scrap tractor but they are at my ex's parent's farm (where i'm no longer welcome!) so reliant on her dad bringing them for me (he said he would)!!