Wanted 1959 power major transmission drain plug

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
ed straub
Not Quite Blue Yet

Wanted 1959 power major transmission drain plug

Post by ed straub »

:( Why do they not make an after market drain plug for a 1959 forson power majors ?? I made at least 50 phone call dead ends finally was told by ford super dealer the dont make the part what am I to do HELP ME PLEASE ED
Need help with my back hoe blue ford majors 1960?? cant find serial number but engine number is 1509504 but 0s are funny shape kinda oblong I will take pictures and try to post Ed

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Hello Ed,

Try Old20 by mail.
The more we ask for parts that are not made yet, they will start making them.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

John
True Blue

Re: Wanted 1959 power major transmission drain plug

Post by John »

ed straub wrote::( Why do they not make an after market drain plug for a 1959 forson power majors ?? I made at least 50 phone call dead ends finally was told by ford super dealer the dont make the part what am I to do HELP ME PLEASE ED
Is the plug special, or similar to an engine sump plug? Can you get to an agricultural contractors or engineering shop? They're bound to have boxes of bolts all shapes and sizes lying in a corner.

But I suspect you've tried that.

ed straub
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Wanted 1959 power major transmission drain plug

Post by ed straub »

John wrote:
ed straub wrote::( Why do they not make an after market drain plug for a 1959 forson power majors ?? I made at least 50 phone call dead ends finally was told by ford super dealer the dont make the part what am I to do HELP ME PLEASE ED
Is the plug special, or similar to an engine sump plug? Can you get to an agricultural contractors or engineering shop? They're bound to have boxes of bolts all shapes and sizes lying in a corner.

But I suspect you've tried that.
Its very big about 2" across when I drained fluid it broke in half guess Ill weld a plate over hole and put a regular oil pan drain plug in to much work Ed
Need help with my back hoe blue ford majors 1960?? cant find serial number but engine number is 1509504 but 0s are funny shape kinda oblong I will take pictures and try to post Ed

fergusont20
True Blue

Post by fergusont20 »

find out what the thread is and get the right die and cut a plug yourself. :)

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Hi Ed
up here in canada when we put loaders and spool blocks on the tractors we use standard steel pipe thread fittings in the fill hole on the hydraulic top to run the return .
Really they are water pipe fittings but there is no pressure for your aplication and it will be fine.
I guess the thread in the bottom is the same so maybe try a steel blanking plug of the right diameter and some thread tape to seal it.
The plugs are tapered slightly so if you find one go easy tightening it as you could crack the thin casting of the filter housing. Ie dont put a huge great torque on it just nicely tight .
if you are stuck get back to me and i'll try and help you a bit more.
Regards Robert