New Performance super major gearbox

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
Roadless63
True Blue

New Performance super major gearbox

Post by Roadless63 »

I am after a gearbox including casing for a 1964 new performance super major, it must be a single stage clutch unit, NOT livedrive please.
Willing to travel so if you have one or know of one or even someone who is breaking a NP major I would be pleased to hear from you.
Regards
Ed

d.andersen
True Blue

Post by d.andersen »

how far will you travel , how much are you willing to pay for it ?

Roadless63
True Blue

Post by Roadless63 »

Do you have one? Price is dependant on condition and what it came out of (ie agricultural tractor with PTO unit underneath or a JCB skid unit which are more common) and distance is not too much of an issue.
Regards
Ed

d.andersen
True Blue

Post by d.andersen »

I know were there is a '64 super major tractor, with 6700 hours on the clock .

I could use some of the other parts , but i dont know if it 1 or 2 stage clutch.

but i can find out. if you are interested

Supermanuel
True Blue

Post by Supermanuel »

d.andersen wrote:I know were there is a '64 super major tractor, with 6700 hours on the clock .

I could use some of the other parts , but i dont know if it 1 or 2 stage clutch.

If you have only one spined shaft to clutch it is not live, 2 splined shafts to the clutch, a smaller inside a bigger means live.

It is of course no problem, as the only difference is the primary box, which can be easily changed.
New Performance Super Major Manuel 08D970466

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Hi Just Reading the posts here I think you guys are going to have to state where you are located in the world as somebody is going to have to maybe go to a different country if they want this transmision :) .
I found this out thinking D anderson was in the usa from the post on the raised pto unit and hes not hes in europe :wink: .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

Roadless63
True Blue

Post by Roadless63 »

I have sent you a PM
Regards
Ed
d.andersen wrote:I know were there is a '64 super major tractor, with 6700 hours on the clock .