farm major badge

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
Frans
True Blue

farm major badge

Post by Frans »

I am looking for one farm major badge who can help me with that...
regards Frans

who's afraid off blue orange and grey
1960 Power Major Roadless 6 cyl conversion
1964 NP Super Major

Roadless63
True Blue

Re: farm major badge

Post by Roadless63 »

What do you mean by "farm" major?

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

The Power major is sold down under as Farm major for my Power major conversion I want 2 badges from the Farm major I have one but I am looking for a second where ever I can.

Here a pic

regards Frans

1964 NP Super Major

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Frans,

It is not the Power Major that is sold as the Farm Major, it is the last of the Fordson Major Diesels as far as we can work out. The Farm Major is nearly 10hp less than the Power Major. On the home page, http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl, on the banner, under "New Major", in the "drop down list" there is "Farm Major". Scroll through the Power Major details and you will come to the full Farm Major specification and accessory list that BarryM sent us a few years ago.

I have just found an exchange for the nose cone and wings! Let me contact The Fordson Tractor Pages Australian Parts Store. Their computer is down at the moment so it could take a few days. :D

You will also need to paint this on both sides of the bonnet. :D This is from a beatifully restored Farm Major in the Woods brothers tractor collection in Rupanyup.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

halloween
True Blue

Post by halloween »

Frans wrote:The Power major is sold down under as Farm major for my Power major conversion I want 2 badges from the Farm major I have one but I am looking for a second where ever I can.

Here a pic

I have a power major badge and am looking for a second too. So if you find someone with one of those, I'd appreciate the tip off! :D
'Lily' 1959 Fordson Power Major

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

Thanks Brian,

but i dont want to look it like a kermis, I am thinking of painting the hood and nose orange with the farm major badge and the 6 cyl badge

Find me a farm major and i have a power for you...

Frans
regards Frans

1964 NP Super Major

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Those badges look great, did you do them for Pascal?

Message sent to The Fordson Tractor Australian Parts Store :D Barry will get back to me in the next few days, If he can get some it will take a few weeks to get here,

I had to go and collect an L4 piston from him for Dies and it wore through the bottom of the suit case on the way home! :D
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

I remember seeing the Farm Major badges on eBay several years ago and chatting about them on here. As others have said, I believe it is an only Australian produced tractor. They must be rather rare. 8) Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fordson-Power ... 500wt_1156

Power Major Badges on E-Bay at around £19.00. 2 days to go.
Brian

halloween
True Blue

Post by halloween »

I got one Power Major badge for £13 on ebay the other week. Anyone fancy going halves on a pair?
'Lily' 1959 Fordson Power Major

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Frans,

Two Farm Major badges are on the way to me, for you from Australia. Courtesy of BarryM and The Fordson Tractor Pages Australian Parts Store. The moto of the store is: "Miracles done whilst you wait, impossibilities take a little longer" :D May even be in time for a personal delivery! :D
Brian

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

We be in contact for that, its nice to get 2 of that badges. If they are one time we also can look at the Nuffi shed I told you. dont tell anyone at this time there is a Guldner too (and for sale :lol: )
regards Frans

1964 NP Super Major

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Don't tell Ann about the Guldner! :shock: :shock: We will have a trailer!!!! :D The badges have left Aus. and should be with me in around 5 working days.
Brian

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Frans,

I have the Farm Major badges in my hand. Would you like me to send them or deliver them?
Brian