Fordson super major

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
Cathel
Not Quite Blue Yet

Fordson super major

Post by Cathel »

Hello FFA, please can anybody tell me where I can get new dual clutch pressure plate springs for my genetically modified super major? I know half a grand buys the whole gubbins but its always out of stock. Besides, Im too mean and I have a new transmission clutch coming plus I still have a new PTO clutch and good pressure plates. I thought of packing washers in but prefer nice proper new springs. :scratchhead:

super6954
True Blue

Re: Fordson super major

Post by super6954 »

Hi I would not put washers in the springs im thinking it will probably cause clearance issues and the clutch discs will not disengage properly when you press the pedal :scratchhead: . I would try a company that remans clutches in your area and see what they have . or try New Holland dealers and ask for part no E1ADDN7572A and see if they are still available and how much . I just checked the parts page with them and it does not say its not available or give a price .
I have re built these clutches and it can be fun to get the 2 sets of levers set right without the proper service tools so you might be messing around with it for a while.
Good luck Hope this helps you :)
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

Cathel
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Fordson super major

Post by Cathel »

Hello Robert, good to hear from a fellow Fordson addict. I cant see a clearance issue arising cos I would take care not to overdo it, making the springs coil bound. My springs, however, are tired and weak and probably 51 years old so they need to retire now. You,re dead right about setting the fingers tho. It took me a few goes the first time I did it 20 years back(wow, Didn,t realise it was that long). Many thanks for the part number; I will probably pursue this advice, all the best to you :)