Good condition FORDSON 4D Engine for sale!

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
eightyape
Not Quite Blue Yet

Good condition FORDSON 4D Engine for sale!

Post by eightyape »

Hi there, due to an unforseen accident on my boat which had a sea water rotted 4d in it- i now cannot install the engine that i bought for her.
It is the stationary/industrial model- (with decompression lever)
and hence to put it in a tractor you would need the mounting plate.
It is in very good nick with no smoke or rattles and it came from a welder in which the welding armature failed and should be solid for a few good years as it only ever ran at low revs in the welder.
No problems with running , no smoke, all the ancilliaries- starter motor, pump, exhaust etc.
was heard running over the phone and i never took delivery from the guy in Warrington- where it is still sitting on a pallet ready to be shipped(about 30 quid to most places in the uk via the pallet network folks.)
It is a late edition edition with the mechanical simms pump (pretty sure it was the simms one-might be the GM one but it is definitely the later mechanical model).
It took a good while to find one and was a good price so i dont mind passing on the saving.
The guy who sold it to me is willing to answer any questions regarding the unit and is a farmer himself- i could just do with getting back what i paid for her- and to see her get used somewhere post or PM if you want his phone number.
Will try and get him to take some photos so I can post them.
all offers considered as it is now no use to me!
unless anyone has a thames trader truck that dont run anymore i cant think of a use for it as i dont have the tractor to go with it-or a farm for that matter!.

nathanwhittaker
True Blue

Re: Good condition FORDSON 4D Engine for sale!

Post by nathanwhittaker »

hi how much do u want for this engine cheers

eightyape
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by eightyape »

weeeeeeell i paid 250 for it...
he wanted 300 for it.
just looking to get my money back tbh.
sad to have no use for it as i learnt all about it and was gonna have a boat that ran on waste veg oil!
and its not smoky, runs good and has all the bits including the generator and a good starter.
will pass on the number of the guy whos care its in if your interested in buying
i reckon i got a good price on it - what you think?
if there is no luck here it will go on ebay
so make me an offer!
, but please bear in mind i just lost everything in a boat fire and this is all that is left of my dream so... :cry:

lv425
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by lv425 »

did u ever sell your engin ?

eightyape
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by eightyape »

only posted it yesterday, lol. but no i still have it -was waiting on a reply from the other chap but if he has gone cold on it then its still up for sale. took me ages to find a good one so im not sure if he balked at the price but...
edit:cant help noticing your in nevada though! long way tos hip it but its ready to go if you wanted it!

nathanwhittaker
True Blue

Post by nathanwhittaker »

Pm sent pal

eightyape
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by eightyape »

Engine is now sold, many thanks to the forum admins for the great resource.
If i ever need a tractor i know where to come...