Major Diesel Starter Wanted- Oregon, USA

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
Mermilliod
Not Quite Blue Yet

Major Diesel Starter Wanted- Oregon, USA

Post by Mermilliod »

Hello everyone,

I need a starter for my 53 Major Diesel. The previous owner misplaced it so I have not core to rebuild.

I live in Portland, OR and will be in the Seattle/Tacoma area for the next week in the unlikely event that someone local has one to offer.

Otherwise, if you have one and need to ship please let me know what you would need for the part and shipping.

Thanks,
Jeffrey

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Re: Major Diesel Starter Wanted- Oregon, USA

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Jeffery, if you can’t locate a good used one, probably the cheapest route is to order one from Agraline. What I have found when ordering parts from across the pond for the first time is to get just a few items first as they will most likely get stuck in customs for an extra week or so. But after the paperwork is done and you have the first shipment the remaining orders make it through with no problems. Normally I can place an order and have it on the back porch in just over a week. There are a few good venders here in the US as well, by the time you pay the exchange rate the saving are sometimes only marginal, Google Fordson parts, import tractor parts, etc. Yesterday tractor is one source.

Pat

Gman
True Blue

Post by Gman »

Hello again Jeff. I started to ask where you were located on my post to you on your other thread and I see now, on the other side of the us from me. Another site to check for parts is sasktelwebhosting.com, british tractor wreckers in canada. I have not done business with them but I was in need of a hydraulic pump and I was quoted a reasonable price for one, then I found a Major for parts and bought it instead. I have had good experience with purchases from agriline.
Last edited by Gman on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gman: 1959 Power Major

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

I have done business with British Tractor Wreckers, and Agriline, and have been very satified with the service of both. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Mermilliod
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Mermilliod »

Hello all,

Well I found a used starter for $100 locally. Unfortunately, the electromechanical switch on it was broken and the hot post was broken off the back.

Found a local shop to rebuild it for me though- at the cost of getting one from Agriline. Oh well- I guess the upside is I have one to play with this weekend to see if I can get the thing turned over.

Jeffrey