Fordson axle A frame

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
nathanwhittaker
True Blue

Fordson axle A frame

Post by nathanwhittaker »

hi all ive just fitted a engine in my fordson but the a frame what goes from the axle to the sump wont fit properly. The hole for the pivot pin too go thru is smaller on the sump then on the a frame. So im either looking for a differnt A frame or a sump with the bigger pivot holes thanks for looking

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: Fordson axle A frame

Post by henk »

Are you sure the bush nr 3413 is still in the hole of the A frame?
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Roadless63
True Blue

Post by Roadless63 »

The later super majors had a bigger hole in the A frame & sump, I know because I am just doing a similar swap and am having to put the matching super major A frame onto the tractor I put the engine into. I have got A frames with smaller pin hole but down in Hampshire ....

nathanwhittaker
True Blue

Post by nathanwhittaker »

Hi thanks for your replys so if i get a standard major A frame it would fit on ? thanks

Roadless63
True Blue

Post by Roadless63 »

Yes because I have just done the opposite, getting the A frame off is the worst bit but you have to since the hole in the axle casting is also bigger on a super major. The bolts down through the axle will need some heat to get them out and even then expect to need new bolts! You could swap an axle and A frame but you will need to swap front tombstones too.